Get Emergency Dental Care in Salt Lake City, UT
Dental emergencies can be extremely painful and frightening. They can keep you from eating, talking, walking, and even concentrating at work. You require emergency dental care to return to normalcy quickly. We understand that you are in pain, scared, and worried. We also understand that getting a same-day appointment with a Salt Lake City emergency dentist is a hard task. That’s why Team Emergency Dental connects you with available emergency dentists in Salt Lake City, UT, within minutes.
We have a 24-hour dental hotline 844-700-1220 that you can call when you need emergency dental care services. This hotline connects you with our live referral specialists. These specialists have extensive knowledge of the emergency dentistry field in Salt Lake City, UT.
They have also built strong connections with key emergency dental services providers in this sector. That means they can help you locate an expert emergency dentist no matter the time you experience a dental emergency.
Temporary Relief Options for Common Dental Emergencies
- Swish your mouth with lukewarm water at least three times
- Floss around the aching tooth to loosen any pieces of food caught between your teeth
- Take an OTC pain reliever if the first two options are unsuccessful
- Seek immediate dental treatment
- Locate the knocked-out tooth and collect it by the crown
- Wash off any dirt in warm water, ensuring you are not touching the root
- Return the tooth in its socket if possible – don’t use force during this process
- Alternatively, keep the tooth in salt water or cold milk
- Visit a Salt Lake City walk-in dentist near you within 30 minutes to increase the likelihood of saving the tooth.
Objects Trapped Between Teeth
- Gently use dental floss to dislodge the object
- Go to a dentist’s office in your location right away if you can’t remove the object
- DO NOT use a sharp object, such as a pin, to try to remove the trapped object. Doing that may injure your gums. It may also damage the outer layer of your tooth (enamel).
Partially Dislodged Tooth
- Place an ice pack over the cheek or mouth as close to the affected tooth as possible
- If necessary, take an OTC painkiller
- Hold the loose tooth in position by biting it lightly with other teeth until you can see a dentist
Chipped or Broken Tooth
- Locate and assemble all the chips or breaks if possible
- Rinse those pieces with warm water and preserve them in cold milk or saltwater
- Swish your mouth with warm water
- Press a piece of gauze on the injury site to stop bleeding if the chip or break has extended under the gum
- See a dentist in Salt Lake City immediately and bring your properly preserved pieces along
Loose Braces and Wires
- Use orthodontic wax to return loose braces and wires into position, if possible
- Smear the wax on the braces to prevent discomfort
- Book an emergency appointment with a 24-hour orthodontist immediately
- Use warm water to clean your mouth
- Hold a piece of gauze on the injured surrounding tissue to halt any bleeding
- Place a cold compress over the injured area and apply light pressure to reduce swelling
- Rush to a nearby urgent dental office immediately
- Go to the nearest emergency room if you have suffered a severe injury and are experiencing excessive bleeding
Qualities of the Best Emergency Dentist in Salt Lake City, UT
A reliable emergency dentist is an important partner in your oral health. Of course, our referral service will pair you with the best emergency dentists in Salt Lake City, UT. But still, you need to know what to look for when searching for the right emergency dentist for your special needs. The following are the top seven qualities of the best Salt Lake City emergency dentists:
Knowledge and Experience: Look for a knowledgeable and experienced dentist. Check reviews and testimonials from previous clients on that dentist’s website. You can also check credentials and reviews of your would-be dentist on the American Dental Association (ADA).
Convenient Location: Time is a crucial factor when it comes to dental emergencies. Dental trauma, such as broken or knocked-out teeth, requires the immediate attention of an emergency dentist to increase the chance of saving the tooth. Be sure to locate an urgent care dentist with an office within 15 to 20 minutes of your home, workplace, or school. Call 844-700-1220 for immediate help in locating such a dentist.
A Full Range of Dental Services: Look for a clinic with a broad range of services. That way, you can get all the services you need under one roof, saving you time and money.
Dental-Insurance-Friendly Emergency Dentist: The cost of treating dental emergencies can be quite high if you are paying out of pocket. Find a practitioner that accepts your dental insurance plan. That way, you will worry less when you are in the middle of a dental emergency. Our referral specialist can direct you to a conveniently located practice that accepts your insurance plan. Call 844-700-1220 for help.
Multiple Payment Options: A good dental practice should provide multiple payment plans. These payment plans include cash, checks, CareCredit, discount plans, and credit cards. These plans will come in handy if you don’t have insurance. They can also prove helpful if your insurance plan can’t cover the full cost of your treatment.
Sedation Dentistry Options: Find a practice with multiple sedation options, especially if you have dental anxiety. Such a practice is also essential if you require more invasive treatment. A dentist may also administer sedation when treating a child.
Multiple Cosmetic Dentistry Options: Dental emergencies can compromise your bite function and destroy the appearance of your teeth. Find an emergency dental clinic with multiple cosmetic dentistry options to restore your bite function and healthy smile.
Dental implants can replace permanently damaged avulsed teeth. Dental crowns, fillings, or veneers can address tooth decay. Dental crowns or cosmetic bonding can restore cracked or broken teeth.
Emergency Dentistry FAQs
What Qualifies as a Dental Emergency? A dental emergency is any dental situation that needs prompt attention of an emergency dentist to:
- Stop excessive bleeding;
- Eliminate unbearable pain; or
- Save a tooth.
Be sure to receive emergency care if you have any of the above symptoms.
Can I Get Saturday Appointments in Salt Lake City, UT?
Yes, you just need to call our helpline 844-700-1220. Our referral specialist will then link you with a dental practice that opens on weekends. The referral specialist can also guide you through the process of booking a Saturday appointment.
I Have a Deep Cavity. Do I Need a Root Canal Therapy?
A deep cavity is one of the reasons emergency dentists prescribe root canal therapy. But the best way to determine if you will require a root canal treatment for a deep cavity is to set an appointment with an emergency dentist. The practitioner will do a few diagnostic tests, including an emergency exam and capturing X-rays. The practitioner will then examine the findings and determine the best treatment option.
Team Emergency Dental
175 S Main St, #515 Salt Lake City, UT 84111